Hermitage Bay | Owner, Andy Thesen
Hermitage Bay is a wildly authentic collection of cottages set up against a hillside on a white sand beach, that is lapped by calm, crystal clear water. This is the place you go when you need to do nothing.
After a day of soaking up the beautiful surroundings, swimming in your plunge pool while hummingbirds flit around you, or exploring the island… sounds of live music start to fill the outdoor areas and guests begin congregating to enjoy the company of each other and the warm local staff.
Andy tells of his conversion from London financier to coming into his own as one of the most thoughtful hoteliers in the Caribbean. We discuss what makes Antigua so special, his philosophy on relaxation and rejuvenation, and how the team achieves such a warm, family atmosphere on property.
Listen to hear:
- 02:02 – About Andy’s favorite spot on the property
- 08:38 – What makes the island and the destination so special
- 11:59 – How Andy shifted from finance in London to working on an Island in the Caribbean
- 15:40 – Why the hospitality industry makes you an empath
- 18:43 – About the layout and the vibe of the property
- 20:49 – How the amazing natural vegetation creates a magical sense of escape
- 23:47 – What type of guest experience can you expect
- 27:22 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Hermitage Bay
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily full breakfast, served in restaurant (included in all-inclusive rates). For room service there is a tray charge of US$15
$100 USD Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
For stays of 3 nights or more: guests also receive round trip airport transfers