Heckfield Place | GM, Olivia Richli
I’m thrilled to have Olivia Richli on the show today, who is the General Manager of Heckfield Place in Hampshire, England.
If you grew up loving Jane Austen, or reveled in Harry Potter, or binge watched Downton Abbey like I did.. This episode will fill your heart with romantic notions of the English countryside.
Heckfield Place is a painstakingly restored Georgian style estate sitting on over 400 acres of rolling hills. Redefining what it means to be a hotel, Heckfield is where you go to get away from it all, be surrounded by beauty, and lavish in knowing every detail is taken care of.
Everything from the artwork on the walls, to the pottery, to the grown-on-property food is locally sourced and lovingly placed.
Olivia and I chat about bio-dynamic farming, the region of Hampshire, and how slowing down and taking in life is truly a skill to be cultivated.
Listen to hear:
- 02:16 – About Olivia’s favorite spot at the property
- 03:40 – What her approach to luxury is
- 04:58 – About Hampshire county and the guest experience at Heckfield Place
- 08:14 – Why the history of the region led to bio-dynamic farming on the property
- 13:31 – How the vision of the hotel connects its past with its present
- 15:04 – About the eclectic art collection hung throughout the property
- 17:56 – About the instinctively British design and uniqueness of each room
- 21:51 – How Olivia met Sky, the hotel’s esteemed Chef
- 24:12 – Why the culture of gardening is distinctive in England
- 27:15 – About the educational and entertaining activities for adults and kids
- 31:24 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Heckfield Place
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability **Excludes Signature Rooms and Cottage**
Daily Full breakfast for up to two in-room guests, in Marle restaurant
USD$100 Food & Beverage Credit
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Meet and Greet with Olivia (depends upon availability)
A copy of “Path,” a beautiful book of poetry written by Louisa Thomsen Brits, personally signed by Olivia as a welcome gift