Halloween Special | Expert Panel
In honor of Halloween, today’s show is all about two of my favorite cities, witches, hauntings, druids and more.
My guests today are Lauren Tarantino and Russell Nash. Lauren’s family can directly trace its roots in the city of New Orleans back for 300 years, she’s also currently earning a masters in New Orleans history and is a ghost tour guide in the city. And Russell, who is a Londoner through and through, is one of the top guides in the city and uses his background in theater to make it all come to life.
We talk about everything from the pirates of New Orleans and the executions of London to the more everyday things like the cuisine and how best to experience these two world class cities.
Listen to hear:
- 02:07 – What their favorite haunted spots in London and New Orleans are
- 05:23 – About Lauren’s family background and journey
- 06:50 – How Russell got interested in becoming a tour guide
- 09:50 – What their favorite ways to show the cities are
- 14:05 – Why these two cities have a haunted part to themselves
- 18:16 – How witchcraft is part of the New Orleans’ history
- 21:29 – What you can expect on your ghost tours with Russell
- 25:42 – If they had a scary encounter with a ghost
- 33:16 – What the most strange haunted places are
- 37:18 – How you can experience a city on a storytelling ghost tour
- 39:32 – About their favorite haunted places and activities
- 43:20 – What you will learn about the world and humanity by its dark history