France | Coquillade Provence
Today we’re headed to Provence in Southern France to be well, soak up the sun, and inhale the scent of lavender.
This special region has so much to offer, from intense outdoor activities to easy bike rides, to impressionist history, and of course a refreshing glass of rose’.
Our guest today is Alain Bachmann, the GM of a special property near Luberon called Coquillade. This gem was originally built in the 11th century and much of that history is preserved. Today, it’s a haven for all kinds of travelers, from those who are training for cycling races to those who are just here to enjoy the gorgeous countryside and the spa.
Alain and I discuss what makes Provence so special, why artists like Van Gogh were taken with the area, and some of the special foods you might find on a journey here.
Listen to hear:
- 02:03 – What Alain’s favorite view from the property is
- 05:52 – Why you should put Provence on your wish list
- 07:29 – How this region got the nickname France’s “Little Colorado”
- 08:41 – What type of adventures you can experience here
- 10:10 – About some behind the scene details of the property
- 13:17 – Why you must try their culinary program
- 16:13 – How the layout of the property is uniquely set up
- 18:18 – Why this region is known as a cyclists’ paradise
- 22:53 – What the activities for non-adventures here are
- 24:58 – About the wine tasting experience in the region
- 26:07 – How the team pulled out a WOW moment for a guest
- 30:05 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Provence