Four Seasons | Ben Trodd
My guest today is Ben Trodd, an SVP of Global Sales and Marketing at the amazing Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. While you may have heard of these gorgeous properties dotted around the world, what you might not know is that founder Isadore Sharp started off by building a motel in Toronto.
Mr. Sharp says something profound about the company that we discuss in this episode. He says, “There was no vision, there was no grand dream – but there has always been a consistent thread, and that is service.”
So while Four Seasons Hotels are now set in gorgeous locations and high design buildings, the only way to describe the brand is that it’s more of a feeling.. The consistent service, the ability to be yourself… that keeps many of its loyal guests (myself included) coming back for more.
Ben and I discuss amazing locations around the world, the Four Seasons Private Jet experience, how they’re using technology to drive service, and more.
Listen to hear:
- 02:24 – About Ben’s favorite spot on one of the properties
- 04:23 – How the brand is constantly evolving
- 06:01 – What the vision of Four Seasons in the beginning was
- 08:42 – About the “flavors” of luxury the guests are looking for
- 12:50 – How the age groups of guests are changing here
- 16:35 – What property Ben is most excited about
- 18:19 – Why you should check the overlooked properties
- 23:23 – How they invested in the culinary delights
- 26:20 – Why they started the Four Seasons private jet experience
- 29:32 – About the feeling of building communities through the new adventures
- 32:06 – Why the Four Seasons app offers you a highly personalized luxury
- 36:11 – How a frontline worker went above and beyond
- 38:28 – What his favorite memory of a past guest is
- 39:59 – About Ben’s favorite choices on Four Seasons
- 44:13 – What you will learn about the world by visiting any of the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts