Expedition Yachting | EYOS Expeditions
This week we’re exploring the most remote corners of the world. In Antarctica – heading deep into the continent to uncover the South Pole. In the Pacific – diving the depths of the Mariana Trench, and in the tropics – visiting uninhabited islands that few people have ever stepped foot on.
All this and more can be had with the advent of Expedition Yachting – the ability to charter a private vessel complete with all the bells and whistles, and have it all to yourself.
Ben Lyons, the CEO of EYOS Expeditions, joins us today to tell stories of the rich and famous gone yachting, why this kind of travel is so important for the world, and to open our eyes to the possibility of exploration.
Listen to hear:
- 02:01 – About Ben’s view from his favorite expedition
- 06:28 – Why Ben took the journey in expedition yachting
- 10:08 – How is the need of expedition yachting an answer for cruising
- 12:23 – What experiences does the Nansen Explorer offer
- 15:14 – About the destinations EYOS Expeditions operates in
- 16:57 – What the logistics that go into visiting deep Antarctica are
- 18:09 – How they are recreating famous expeditions
- 19:15 – What you can expect from the UK as an expedition destination
- 21:01 – How does the trip to the Mariana Trench look like
- 26:03 – About some behind the scene details that most people don’t know
- 28:24 – What Ben’s wildest memory of an expedition is
- 32:53 – Who the expedition leader who went above and beyond for a past guest is
- 35:02 – About Ben’s favorite choices on everything yachting
- 38:16 – What you will learn about the world after going on an expedition trip