Ecuador | Minister of Tourism, Niels Olsen
Today we have a special guest joining us, Niels Olsen, the Minister of Tourism of Ecuador – and one of (if not the) youngest tourism ministers to hold the position on the globe.
Ecuador holds a special place in my heart. Though the people are so warm, and it is one of the most biologically diverse countries on the planet, the country is often overlooked for its neighbors like Peru or Chile.
Niels and I are hoping to change that today. He tells us the incredible story of how he became Minister, what he’s trying to do differently, and why Ecuador should be at the top of your list. We cover everything from penguins, to ancestral gastronomy, to backpacking – and I think you’ll find Niels’ ideas refreshing and fun.
Listen to hear:
- 01:57 – About Niels’ favorite spot in Ecuador
- 04:24 – What life experience had a profound impact on who he is today
- 09:06 – How Niels became a Minister of Tourism
- 14:48 – What goals he is focused on for Ecuador
- 18:16 – Why the backpackers are the backbone of the tourism
- 20:07 – How he puts into practice sustainable tourism, even in his own Hacienda La Danesa
- 22:17 – Why you should put Ecuador on your travel list
- 23:40 – What travel experience can you expect once you come here
- 30:11 – How a guest left a special memory with him
- 31:23 – About Niels’ favorite choices on Ecuador
- 36:24 – What you will learn about the world by visiting Ecuador