Croatia | Alberto Dittadi
Today we’re discussing the fabulous destination of Croatia. If you’re not dying to make a visit after hearing these amazing stories, I am just not sure that we can be friends!
Whether you’re sipping Istrian wines with a local, going canyoneering and white water rafting, or relaxing on a yacht while island hopping the Dalmatians you’ll certainly learn all about the Croatian phrase, Polako – meaning – slow down and enjoy life.
Our guest today is Alberto Dittadi, an expert in the region and definitely someone you’d like to slow down and enjoy some Balkan wine with. We discuss insider tidbits like how to best visit Dubrovnik, secret swim spots around the islands, and the interesting differences between the American and Balkan psyche.
Listen to hear:
- 02:08 – About Alberto’s favorite spot in Croatia
- 04:31 – Why Croatia should be on your list
- 06:14 – What is the alternative way to see Dubrovnik uncrowded
- 08:40 – How you can find amazing landscapes and adventure in the Balkans
- 12:01 – About the experience offered in different regions in Croatia
- 16:22 – Why Slovenia & Montenegro are a must go destinations for Alberto
- 18:43 – What some of the new upcoming luxury destinations in Slovenia are
- 21:16 – About the safety of travelers in a post-war era
- 25:01 – How ancient cultures shaped the current one
- 28:03 – What the Croatia’s ungooglable experiences are
- 33:21 – About Alberto’s favorite activities and unique traits of the country
- 40:49 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Croatia
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Wine tasting for 2 people (3 selected wines) at Leonidas Travel’s favorite wineries or wine bars