Costa Rica | Lapa Rios & Pacuare Lodge
Today we’re headed back to Costa Rica – but this time deep into the jungles of Turialba and the Osa Peninsula.
Our guests today are Luz Caceres and Roberto Fernandez – owners of Pacuare Lodge and Lapa Rios. Both lodges offer incredible experiences like white water rafting to check-in, close up encounters with nature, and insights into indigenous culture and sustainability.
Lapa Rios is set in the most biologically intense place on EARTH, and Pacuare is so deep in the jungle that Roberto had to transport tractors and logs there via white water raft to build the lodge. Everything about these places and the people is incredibly special.
We discuss how Roberto’s vision became a reality, how the pair thinks about sustainability, and some crazy stories from the early days.
Listen to hear:
- 02:14 – About Luz and Roberto’s favorite view in the country
- 03:11 – What is it like to grow up in the region
- 04:42 – How did Roberto get the idea of starting the lodge
- 10:10 – Why the property and the place are so special
- 11:33 – About the largest biodiversity in the world
- 14:35 – What some of the behind the scene stories are
- 17:04 – How they are self-sustainable in the middle of a jungle
- 24:07 – What cultural experiences and activities can the guests have
- 32:15 – About their favorite memories and plans in hospitality
- 38:51 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Lapa Rios and Pacuare Lodge
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary Breakfast daily (inclusive in rates)
Dinner set up by the river bank with candles and firepit (subject to weather conditions)
Complimentary $50 Spa credit per room
Shot of Pacuare Lodge crafted beer
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
A $15 certificate towards the purchase of a bottle from their wine cellars at both Lapa Rios and Pacuare Lodge