Colombia | Cristina Consuegra
Today we’re discussing one of my favorite countries, Colombia, and all the riches it has to offer. While it may have been known previously for it’s dark past, Colombia is quickly being discovered by some of the world’s most discerning travelers. It is too beautiful, too diverse, and too historical to cover in just one episode… but we give it a shot!
My guest today is the lovely Cristina Consuegra, Co-owner and founder of Galavanta Travel. She’s a local to the Cartagena region and is just bursting with pride to tell you about her country.
We talk about the main destinations of Cartagena and Medellin, but we also dive into some of the lesser known gems like the Amazon, the coffee regions, precolombian history and more. So sit back with a glass of wine, and envision yourself surrounded by Afro-Colombian beats, arepas and other tasty Colombian dishes, and the sound of the ocean lapping at your feet.
Listen to hear:
- 02:05 – About Christina’s favorite spot in Colombia
- 03:57 – What inspired her to start Galavanta
- 06:48 – How the pride and her love for Colombia open a new perspective on the country
- 08:22 – Why Colombian culture is different from the other cultures
- 11:41 – What the new pioneering destinations are
- 15:01 – How did they create the experience for the lost city
- 18:29 – About the adventures that they arrange for their clients
- 22:20 – What the “Don’t say his name tour” is all about
- 25:23 – How they create some of the many epic experiences
- 32:39 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Colombia
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A walking tour in Cartagena with one of Galavanta’s experts. The tour is called Local Life and Street Art of Getsemani.