China | Mei Zhang
I’m so excited to take you around the world to the fascinating destination of China. In a country so vast and so varied – you could presumably stay for months and still barely scratch the surface.
So here to help us decode what a trip to China could look like, is Mei Zhang of Wild China. Mei grew up in the western city of Dali in the Yunnan province. After graduating from Harvard Business School, and working at McKinsey, she decided to help travelers experience her homeland in a different way.
In this episode, Mei paints pictures of gorgeous landscapes, dispels myths about China, and reminisces about her hometown of Dali.
We also discuss up and coming fashion and art, Chinese TikTok, and technology.
Listen to hear:
- 02:04 – What Mei’s favorite place in China is
- 03:52 – About Dali, and its surrounding area
- 08:33 – What the most visually stunning region of China is
- 14:19 – How ancient history shapes the Chinese society today
- 16:29 – Why China is a must visit destination
- 19:10 – What experiences cannot be discovered online
- 28:05 – How the customized programs on a very specific theme/interest are made
- 32:44 – About Mei’s favorite memory of a past guest
- 34:59 – What you will learn about the world after visiting China
Listener Exclusive Amenities
A complimentary copy of Mei’s book (Travels Through Dali: with a leg of ham)
A complimentary taichi lesson at the Temple of Heaven in Beijing