Chable Yucatan | GM, Rocco Bova
Our guest is Rocco Bova, the General Manager of Chable Yucatan (now former GM) – a revived hacienda in the heart of the Yucatan jungle.
Each casita and villa is nestled into the Mayan jungle, and built in contemporary design using rich local woods and stone. Relax in your private plunge pool, indulge in your outdoor shower, or experience a revival at one of the best spas in Mexico.
When you’re fully immersed into this beautiful locale, you can experience one of the most impressive collections of craft tequilas in the country, sample fine Mexican chocolate, meet with and learn from local artisans, or participate in a traditional temazcal ceremony.
Rocco and I discuss how Merida is the “new” San Miguel de Allende, why visiting Chable is like coming home, and life changing moments in the heart of the jungle
Listen to hear:
- 03:21 – About Mayan culture and its heritage
- 04:42 – Why is Yucatan one of the safest places in Mexico
- 06:47 – How Merida won the award for most peaceful city by UNESCO
- 10:14 – What makes Rocco feel at home here
- 13:43 – About the interesting history of how the Yucatan profited during WWI
- 19:15 – How a thousand years ago a meteor created a system of water tunnels and cenotes
- 23:33 – About the influence of Mayan rituals on mental well being
- 25:02 – About unique culinary experiences on property
- 30:51 – How one guest’s life was enhanced after experiencing an ancient temazcal ritual
- 34:30 – What will you learn about the world after visiting Yucatan and Chable
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary Full Breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom, served in restaurant
$100 USD equivalent Resort/Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability