Capella Hotels | CEO, Nicholas Clayton
My guest today is Nicholas Clayton, the CEO of Capella Hotel Group, a constellation of some of the finest hotels in the world. Whether you experience a Capella stay in Singapore or Sydney, Bangkok or Bali – you’ll be treated like a star.
The team at Capella Hotels goes out of their way to help you engage deeply with the culture around you. From the design elements and local foods served within the hotel, to connecting you with locals outside the hotel.
And you don’t have to take my word for it. Travel & Leisure just ranked Capella Hotels the number two hotel brand and Capella Ubud as THE number one hotel in the world.
Nicholas and I discuss the brand ethos, some of his favorite details across the different hotels, hawker stands in Singapore, and more.
Listen to hear:
- 02:06 – What Nicholas’ favorite view from the property is
- 04:35 – About the story of Capella as a brand
- 10:26 – How the design with operations is integrated in the hotels
- 12:48 – What a Capella Culturalist is
- 17:17 – About some interesting buildings and the history behind them
- 22:42 – What some behind the scene stories are
- 24:16 – About his favorite memory of a past guest
- 28:47 – How he chose the next destination for an up & coming hotel
- 29:25 – About some of Nicholas’ favorite dishes and cultures
- 34:27 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Capella Hotels
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily full breakfast, for two guests per bedroom
A complimentary set menu dinner at the Knolls or Cassia for up to two people, once during stay (excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities) – exclusive amenity only for Capella Singapore
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
For 20 Listeners a Complimentary Capella Curates when they book a stay at any of the 6 Capella Hotels and Resorts, valid for bookings until 31 December 2021.