Canaves Oia | Owner, Markos Chaidemenos
Our guest on this episode is Markos Chaidemenos, co-owner and Managing Director of Canaves Oia luxury properties in Santorini, Greece.
Canaves is a collection of 6 of the top luxury properties in Santorini, all set in the whitewashed town of Oia, overlooking the sapphire Aegean Sea. After a day of wine tasting, bike riding around the island, or visiting centuries old ruins you can relax in your private plunge pool with a glass of champagne overlooking one of the most iconic views in the world. At Canaves you can also be sure that you’ll have privacy and excellent service – something that’s not a given at other properties on the island.
Markos and I discuss how his family played a major role in uplifting Santorini as a destination, secret spots on the island that he loves, and what to watch out for when booking in Santorini.
Listen to hear:
- 2:14 – Markos describe his favorite spot at Canaves
- 3:10 – How Markos’ parents visited the two caves they inherited and decided to turn them into luxury hotels
- 05:15 – How the Chaidemenos family contributed to making Oia the iconic destination it is today
- 08:45 – Why Markos evolved the Canaves brand from a mom & pop to a true luxury experience
- 10:35 – How the famous white walls of Santorini stay white
- 12:20 – How best to experience the magnificent views and beautiful scenery
- 14:29 – Why Oia is an experience by itself and it is one of the most exclusive areas of Greece
- 18:35 – Markos’ perfect spot for proposals
- 19:43 – How Santorini can be misleading…and why to choose your hotel carefully
- 22:26 – Markos’s favorite swim spot that can only be accessed by boat
- 24:24 – Why the team at Canaves and their passion for hospitality makes a difference in your stay
- 26:01 – What you’ll learn about the world after visiting Santorini
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
American champagne buffet breakfast or room service breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom
$100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Bottle of local wine and fresh fruit upon arrival.
Drinks by the pool upon arrival.
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability