British Virgin Islands | Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Today we’re soaking up some island vibes in the British Virgin Islands. So, imagine yourself on the island of Virgin Gorda, with swaying palm trees in the background, a pain killer drink in hand, and some of the most stunning views in the Caribbean.
Now open your eyes and you’ll find yourself at the Rosewood Little Dix Bay.
Dig a little deeper and you’ll find that this isn’t just a shiny new resort taking up space on a pristine island. It was designed by conservationist Laurance Rockefeller and has a rich history including Queen Elizabeth and families who have visited every year since the early 1960s.
I chat with General Manager Andreas Pade about that history, little known facts, and what sets this destination apart from others.
Listen to hear:
- 02:08 – About Andreas’ favorite spot on the property
- 04:35 – Why this part of the world is a good place to visit
- 07:50 – How the culture of BVI is different
- 08:53 – What the connection of Rockefeller and the property is
- 13:32 – Who the historical characters that had an impact here are
- 14:47 – About the journey of overcoming the tough times
- 17:16 – How the real essence of the property was kept alive
- 19:54 – About some behind the scene details that most people don’t know
- 23:46 – What type of activities the place has to offer
- 25:11 – How a past guest left a special memory with him
- 26:46 – About Andreas’ favorite experience and cuisine
- 29:48 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Complimentary Full American Breakfast for two, per bedroom, daily for duration of the stay
$100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
A 15% discount on a treatment at the Spa