Bhutan | Six Senses Lodges
Today we visit the magical Kingdom of Bhutan. My guest Sally Baughen is the General Manager of five newly built Six Senses lodges situated across five diverse valleys – rich with experiences, natural beauty, and surprising new ways to look at life.
Though you can visit each lodge independently, the wellness gurus at Six Senses have designed it as a kind of journey – traveling through the country focusing outward on the experiences and culture and inward on your own experience of wellness.
In Punakha you might visit locals in a rice paddy by day and focus on sleep rituals and relaxation in the evening. In Gangtey you might visit an ancient monastery and focus on mental wellbeing.
Sally and I discuss the back story behind Gross National Happiness, the gorgeous hiking opportunities, and how the experience of Bhutan reminds us all to live just a little bit kinder.
Listen to hear:
- 02:06 – About Sally’s favorite spot in Bhutan
- 04:27 – Why she chose Bhutan to continue her hospitality journey
- 06:01 – What makes Bhutan a special place on earth
- 10:48 – How is the Gross National Happiness measured
- 16:07 – What some behind the scenes stories are
- 18:50 – About her favorite activities for guests
- 23:43 – How health, wellness, and culture are interwoven in Bhutan, and on the property
- 29:09 – Who is behind the genuine designs of the lodges
- 33:59 – About Sally’s favorite memories, traditions, and cuisine
- 38:03 – What you will learn about the world after visiting Six Senses Bhutan
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Complimentary Full Breakfast daily, for two guests per bedroom
Complimentary 90-minute massage per person, for up to two guests per room at lodge of choice, once during stay
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
A private butter lamp blessing ceremony in a Buddhist temple. It is a very meaningful experience and a truly special way for guests to wind up a visit to the Kingdom.