Belmond Venice Simplon Orient Express | GM, Pascal Deyrolle
We are whisking you away on a captivating journey aboard the Venice Simplon Orient Express.
Today the VSOE celebrates the routes of the golden age of travel. Brought to together in 1982 the train is formed of vintage carriages. This train route has transported aristocrats and historic figures like Tolstoy, Trotsky, Marlene Dietrich, and Lawrence of Arabia. Many of the cars of the Venice Simplon are original cars from the 1920s and all are painstakingly restored to preserve the charm of the day.
Our guest today is Pascal Deyrolle, who started as a cabin steward on the train 30 years ago and is today the General Manager in charge of all train operations.
Pascal tells some great stories, and we discuss how the Venice Simplon transports you back in time, how the outside world will fade away, and how you can reconnect with what’s important.
All aboard for this fascinating chat about Belmond’s Venice Simplon Orient Express.
Listen to hear:
- 02:16 – About his favorite view on board
- 03:55 – How the history of the train evolved
- 05:21 – What his favorite historical figure who rode the train was
- 09:24 – Why the train has a unique vision behind it
- 12:24 – What his favorite itinerary is
- 18:10 – How the Istanbul journey is a magical one
- 20:39 – About an insider detail most people don’t know
- 22:50 – How the riding experience reflects its history
- 27:24 – What the best snowy month to be on the train is
- 30:59 – Why one special guest made a memory on the train
- 35:00 – About the most unexpected sight along the journey
- 35:48 – What you will learn about the world after taking a ride on the Belmond’s Venice Simplon Orient Express
Listener Exclusive Amenities
Any listener booking a journey with Bell & Bly Travel onboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express will be entitled to their Bellini amenities which include a $100 per person onboard credit which can be spent in the Bar Car or in the fabulous boutique.