andBeyond | CEO, Joss Kent
I’m thrilled to take you on a journey today over to Africa, and to bits of Asia and South America too. But the core of our conversation will be about the fine balancing act between land, people, and wildlife.
Joss Kent, the CEO of andBeyond and former CEO of Abercrombie & Kent joins me today to explain how the three of these elements can and do work in concert to truly make the world a better place.
We discuss everything from pangolin conservation, to extreme encounters with wildlife, to what it takes to become a guide, and Joss’ stance on sustainability.
Listen to hear:
- 01:33 – About Joss’ favorite view from one of the camps
- 02:27 – What made him stay in the industry long term
- 03:33 – What the most intense wildlife encounter he had is
- 10:01 – Why he was drawn to andBeyond, and the meaning of sustainability
- 15:25 – How the three pillars of care, for land, wildlife, and people interact
- 17:35 – Why the work of andBeyond is beneficial for wildlife
- 20:22 – How Phinda Homestead came to be such a haven for wildlife
- 26:53 – About Joss’ honest approach to sustainability issues
- 33:56 – What led him to venture into Asia and South America
- 39:11 – About the guest experience in the lodges of andBeyond
- 46:34 – How a past guest left a special memory with him
- 50:54 – What you will learn about the world and humanity after visiting them