A Birthday Episode | Luxury Travel Insider
I started working on the concept for Luxury Travel Insider in May 2020… right about when my business Bell & Bly Travel was falling apart due to Covid. It was a completely devastating time for our industry.
My team and I spent our days unraveling trips we had worked so hard to plan and our clients had been so highly anticipating. My friends, hoteliers and destination experts, were closing their doors without knowing if they’d ever open them again.
With some free time on my hands, I couldn’t just sit and wait. I had to feel I was doing something to help my travel industry family. I had always wanted to tell travelers about the insider stories that I am so privileged to hear every day… but I wasn’t quite sure how.
Being a podcast lover and needing a project to keep my mind occupied, I decided to give it a shot. I read a quote one day that said, “you have to be willing to be bad at something in order to get good at it.” So I held that up as my mantra and I dove in.
Guests on the show were all too happy to have an excuse to talk about their love of travel and destination instead of belaboring the issues facing us all from Covid.
The show took off, and we started to have guests asking us if they could appear on the show.
Today we are the top podcast on luxury travel and I honestly could never have anticipated this. In listening back to the nearly 150 episodes I cried, I got goosebumps, and I laughed.
In today’s episode I’m compiling for you some of our favorite moments from the show. Bits that inspire me, remind me that humans are truly good, and showcase the fact that travel makes the world a better place.
I hope you enjoy this anniversary episode of Luxury Travel Insider.
Listen to hear:
- 02:11 – How Pacuare Lodge, located deep in the jungle of Costa Rica, got started
- 04:44 – About some of our favorite stories of historical figures, events, and celebrities
- 15:13 – Why travel truly helps you learn and live the cultures of the regions
- 26:21 – What our favorite wild moments created for guests and the special bonds forged through travel are
- 46:00 – About how travel leaves you a better person, and makes a big positive impact on the world & humanity